EIVA uses currently a hardware protection key from Wibu-key to configure which part of the software can be used.
A dongle can either be LPT (rather rare these days) or USB, and will be equipped with a EIVA system number (Asset number (A/N) marked on dongle or key hanger) and a serial number burned into the firmware of the key.
A series of A/N will be seen
|01.27.xxx||NaviScan (can also run on the old grey keys - KeyPro)|
|01.30.xxx||WinXXX Sw – ScanFish, WinArop etc.|
|01.34.xxx||NaviModel and NaviPlot (Old NaviChart)|
|01.37.xxx||Contour / Patch Test|
|01.39.xxx||NaviPac TUG's (Dedicated for TUG boats in TMS)|
|01.31.xxx||General EIVA SW|
|01.41.xxx and onwards||General EIVA SW|
Dongles can be marked time limited, especially used for subscription licenses (1 year at the time) and out of service (if SMS hasn't been signed). In those cases a previous valid dongle will stop working.
A dongle is equipped with 10 flag, which can be seen via Control Panel, Wibu key:
The flags may only be changed by EIVA, and are protected against changes.
Parameter 1 includes a bit pattern, which signals if a program may be executed or not.
4=> Contour & Patch test (No longer dongle protected)
8=>NaviModel – supports also NaviPlot, NaviChart & Imaging
32 => NaviModel – supports also NaviPlot, NaviChart & Imaging
64 =>Oceanographic SW – WinArop, ScanFish Flight etc.
128 => QuickStich
256 =>Imaging (Also covered by 32) (No longer supported)
512 =>Special TMS add-on - upgrades full NaviPac to barge.
1024 => Flag for Online 3D Monitor (No longer dongle protected)
If the value for example is 17, then it will work with NaviPac and NaviScan.
Rental and demonstration/course dongles will be equipped with the flag 255 -> ASO (all suite on)
Parameter 10 must include the last part of the serial number – and is used as a control code. If set to 16282011 then it's a dedicated office dongle which can't be used for field jobs.
The remaining 8 parameters are used differently in the various programs.
- NaviPac type 1 Lite – parameter 3-9 is not used 2 User defined See parameter 3-9.
4 Single user - Kuda.10 Full – Ser parameter 3. 4-9 is not used
- If Full NaviPac 1 Include TMS/RigMove Barge module2 TMS TUG moduleIf User defined NPNumber of surface navigation systems (default 2)
- If User defined NPNumber of Gyros (default 1)
- If User defined NPNumber of motion sensors (default 0)
- If User defined NPNumber of remote & UW systems (default 0)
- If User defined NPNumber of special inputs (default 0)
- If User defined NPNumber of data acquisition sensors (echo sounders, magnetometers etc.) (Default 1)
- If User defined NPNumber of data outputs (default 1 = annotation)
- NaviEdit Type 1Lite – parameter 3-9 unusedorFull – See parameter 3, 4-9 unused
10If set to 16282111 then it indicates a special Laurel OEM dongle. It will be reduced to only interfacing MBE/SS from R2Sonic and L3
NaviModel and NaviPlot
- SW Type 1 Analyser – parameter 3-9 unused4UCA Exacavation – parameter 3-9 unusedor Producer – See parameter 3, 4-9 unused
- Bit pattern for special settings1Include 3D Pipe module
2Include Scalgo S/CAN cleaning and EC-3D
4Include EC-3D cleaning
Oceanographic SW ScanFish Flight: No special settings
WinArop:Code 2 must be 10
- SW Type 1Planning – parameter 3-9 unused10Full – parameter 3-9 unused
It is possible to use NaviEdit and NaviModel in a server license
A network dongle may look like this
Field 1-3 and 10 is like any other dongle.
Field 5 and 7 is always 99
Field 6 is number of users minus 1
Software codes - backdoor
If an accident happens and a dongle gets corrupt, the port is down or the dongle are loss for some reason, then the EIVA SW offers a SW key (a backdoor), which offers a temporary solution. Please refer to a special guide on this.