Q. Is there a way to import a waypoint file (.csv) with geographic coordinates into Helmsman Display 4?
A. Yes, here an example of a .csv file containing geographic coordinates:
- Check first in the Helmsman's Display menu bar Settings / Project Settings / Units tab that the format is set properly, e.g. Decimal degrees and number of Decimals.Figure 1: Project Settings
- Drag&drop the csv file into the NaviPac Helmsman 3D Map view. Now the Ascii Import view opens.
- In the Ascii Import view, select Waypoints template in left side
- In the template on the right side, go to the Geodesy / Lat/Lon and set to True.
Also set the proper column for Easting, Northing (Required) and/or Name, Depth (Optional)
- Press the Import button
Figure 2: ASCII Import view
- You can see the imported waypoints.
Figure 3: Helmsman's Display with waypoints
Note, to show the Lat / Long in the 3D Map view, go to the Project tree / Views / Map View. In its Properties view, set the Show Geodesy item to True.