don't have the Licence Activator included and you need to download it from the EIVA download site (https://download.eiva.com/) and install it to be able to use the 9-digit licence activation key.
The following describes two scenario's:
In NaviPac 3.10 the PC code could include a negative sign which provoked recurring questions.
This has been removed for newer software packages.
Due to this change you can have two different PC codes on the PC, one in the old software and another in the Licence activator.
Note, to activate NaviPac 3.10, ignore the PC Code from the Licence Activator and use the PC code from NaviPac 3.10.
Activate NaviPac 3.10 on the local PC
- Find the PC code in NaviPac 3.10 and note it down.
- Click the option Activate on another PC
- To activate NaviPac 3.10, ignore the PC Code from the Licence Activator and use the PC code from NaviPac 3.10. Note, a negative sign maybe part of the PC code. and must be entered too.
- Save the softdongle.txt file to the C:\EIVA folder on the local PC.
- Start NaviPac 3.10.
The licence in the softdongle.txt file is used.
Activate NaviPac 3.10 on another PC or offline PC
- Same procedure as described above, only use the PC code of the remote computer
- Copy the softdongle.txt to the C:\EIVA folder on the remote PC.
- For enabling an EIVA software licence on an offline PC, it is advisable to create the softdongle.txt file on an PC with internet connection (eg in the office) and send the softdongle.txt file to the vessel.
Here an example of the softdongle.txt file. It has extra lines and 3.10 related comment in it.
Note, editing the softdongle.txt will corrupt the licence.