EIVA software packages are activated by entering the 9-digit NaviSuite licence activation key into the Licence Activator.
You will get the 9-digit licence activation key from the EIVA team when buying a licence or when you order a licence yourself from our self-service portal https://my.eiva.com/.
The Licence Activator is part of the more recent software packages and is installed automatically.
Here the licence file that is generated is a file with the file extension *.licence. It should be copied here, C:\ProgramData\EIVA\Licences.
Older software packages like NaviPac 3.10 don't have the Licence Activator included and you need to download it from the EIVA download site (https://download.eiva.com/) and install it to be able to use the 9-digit licence activation key.
Here the licence file that is generated is a softdongle.txt file. It should be copied here, C:\EIVA.
The following describes two scenario's:
In NaviPac 3.10 the PC code could include a negative sign which provoked recurring questions.
This has been removed for newer software packages.
Due to this change you can have two different PC codes on the PC, one in the old software and another in the Licence activator.
Note, to activate NaviPac 3.10, ignore the PC Code from the Licence Activator and use the PC code from NaviPac 3.10.
Activate NaviPac 3.10 on the local PC
- Find the PC code in NaviPac 3.10 and note it down.
- Start the Licence Activator and enter the 9-digit licence activation key.
- Set a tick mark into the product that you want to activate, in the screenshot below it is NaviPac Pro
- Click the option Activate on another PC
- To activate NaviPac 3.10, ignore the PC Code from the Licence Activator and use the PC code from NaviPac 3.10. Note, a negative sign maybe part of the PC code. and must be entered too.
- Set a check mark into the tick box Compatible with NaviPac 3.10 or older.
- Click the button Generate licence file.
- Save the softdongle.txt file to the C:\EIVA folder on the local PC.
- Start NaviPac 3.10.
The licence in the softdongle.txt file is used.
Activate NaviPac 3.10 on another PC or offline PC
- Same procedure as described above, only use the PC code of the remote computer
- Copy the softdongle.txt to the C:\EIVA folder on the remote PC.
- For enabling an EIVA software licence on an offline PC, it is advisable to create the softdongle.txt file on an PC with internet connection (eg in the office) and send the softdongle.txt file to the vessel.
Here an example of the softdongle.txt file. It has extra lines and 3.10 related comment in it.
Note, editing the softdongle.txt will corrupt the licence.