Q: Does NaviPac 4 support C-Map background charts? How can I use C-Map on a Windows10 pc?
The Windows 10 default safety settings do not allow the Jeppesen software to install the C-map dongle.
Disable UAC settings and allow firewall settings.
Afterwards install NaviPac with the Jeppesen C-Map Add-ons.
After the installation follow these steps:
- Take a copy of C:\EIVA\Navipac\CMapRTE_EIVAMODIFIED.msi
- Go to Windows Control panel and delete the C-map installation
- Open a DOS prompt in administrator mode
- Choose the library c:\EIVA\NaviPac and copy the backup of CMapRTE_EIVAMODIFIED.msi back
- Run now the installer CMapRTE_EIVAMODIFIED.msi from the DOS prompt.
- After the installation start via the C:\EIVA\NaviPac\CM93\System\LicenseAdm.exe and verfy that the software has found the dongle:
- It is now possible to read in the related database
- It is now possible to read the related Licence file
- And C-map can only be opened by Helmsmans Display Classic.
Regarding NaviPac 4.x pay attention to the following:
- C-Map or SevenCs providing (S)ENC charts can only be used in Helmsman Classic
- Only PURCHASED SevenCs SENC charts can be opened - subscribed charts won’t!
- There is a high risk that C-Map (S)ENC charts don’t work either due to assumed incompatibility with currently (old) interfaced C-Map framework in NP 4.x Helmsman classic and currently provided licences by C-Map, thus only elderly encrypted licences are supposed to work.
Instead we recommend using SevenCs WMS chart server to display (S)ENC charts in HMD4.
Note, there is also an eLearning chapter: