Q: How can I setup the BlueView sonar eg the BlueView M900-2250-130-Mk2 (http://www.teledynemarine.com/M900-2250-130-Mk2) in EIVA NaviScan software?
A: The connection of a BlueView sonar to NaviScan requires that the program ProScan™ from BlueView is started and broadcasting the correct messages.
An example of the setup is shown here:
- Install ProScan™. It can run on the NaviScan computer or a separate computer.
- Connect the BlueView sonar to the POE J1 SONAR, and PC J2, or via Schilling DTS, to the computer running ProScan™. Computer IP 192.168.1.3, 255.255.255.0
- Start the ProScan™ software
- Press the Connect button or Ctrl + Shift + N.
- Select MDF2250-130 or MDF900-130 and connect.
You will get an error regarding the PanTilt Unit, click OK.
Now you should have connection between Sonar and ProScan™.
- Go to the option File > Settings > Network, and set the receiving IP; TCP, for Local 127.0.0.1, port 7050
- Open NaviScan, add a new Echosounder instrument > Reson Seabat 7K old > TCP, 127.0.0.1 port 7050
- In ProScan™, press the Start Output button and start NaviScan Online.
- When you run ProScan™ and NaviScan on different computers, replace 127.0.0.1 to the IP address of the receiving and broadcasting computer.